My guest on today’s episode is none other than partner of Buy Box Experts, James Thomas. James and his business partner are also the founders of the amazing yearly conference called Prosper Show that I have heard so much about lately. James worked at Amazon for almost 6 years, working and leading teams for much of that time. The last team he ran was the Amazon Services team, the team responsible for recruiting approximately 99% of all new sellers on Amazon.
During his time at Amazon, he frequently saw brand new sellers enter the platform, then, in large numbers, fail after their first four to six months – often because they either didn’t understand how Amazon worked or didn’t realize how competitive the platform was.
When he left Amazon, he and his business partner set on a journey to figure out where opportunities lied to educate people on a broad scale on ways to make the necessary investment of time and come out of the educational programs more equipped with a better understanding of what it takes to succeed as an Amazon Reseller. This is when the vision of the Prosper Show first began.
Today, on the show, James shares a lot of incredibly valuable information, tips, and strategies that Amazon resellers should consider and implement in order to stand out among the sea of competitors when talking with brand owners and executives.
“If you have the right resources, contacts, and software in place – you should be proactively asking brands about what you can do to help them in exchange for a better relationship.” – James Thomas
Today’s Topics Cover:
- What does a reseller need to do to get a leg up on their competitors while developing a meaningful relationship with brands so they can gain access to the right kind of products, in the right quantities, with a good price?
- What you can do to become a better brand vendor and Amazon ambassador.
- The five major areas where brands struggle the most on Amazon
- What a reseller can do to help brands on Amazon based on these key struggle areas.
- Educate. Collaborate.
- Why you should point out enough important, small details when talking with brands.
- How educating and helping brands improve their Amazon strategy can actually help improve your business, placing you in an expert position, and allow you to partner with brands as a trusted advisor.
- How to approach brands to get them to list all of their catalog content, and why they should.
- Developing a rolodex of service providers that would be helpful and useful to brands and how it can impact your Amazon business.
- Legitimate sourcing and designated brand registries.
“If you’re not thinking about how you can help the brand, chances are, your competitors are.” – James Thomas
The 5 Major Areas Where Brands Struggle on Amazon:
- Distribution Control
- Controlling Prices
- Brand Content
- Catalog Selection
- Catalog Inventory Levels
Leave a review to enter for a chance to WIN!
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Unstoppable Entrepreneur Show with Robyn Johnson – leave a review on iTunes and you could win a free one-hour consultation with her!
Follow this link to enter for your chance to win!