Amazon recently announced their list of key holiday dates for 2016. This list really should have been titled “Christmas in November” because essentially that’s what it is. In previous years – like when I first started selling on Amazon – you could submit a ticket on the items you submitted if they weren’t checked into Amazon. This year, they’ve increased that time to 14 days. Previously, they wanted Black Friday and Christmas inventory set in no later than a week before the holiday date. However, this year, they’ve changed those dates: Black Friday items need to be in by November 9, and Christmas items need to be in by December 12.
A lot of changes have happened on the Amazon platform over the years, and more are likely to come over the next several years. The important thing is to never allow these changes to cause your business to hit the brakes! On today’s episode, we’re going to talk about this year’s Q4 changes, what you need to do to prepare for the Christmas in November season, and how to plan your inventory buying and selling strategies so they carry you through Q4 and straight into Q1.
“The way you play the next 4 weeks will really determine what profitability you have this Q4 season.” – Robyn Johnson
Today’s Topics Cover:
- Using the “check in period” as a barometer to predict when you need to send in your inventory.
- Keeping track of your buying and shipping goals.
- Sending in small amounts of inventory, gradually increasing over time, to maximize efficiency and mitigate high Q4 storage fees.
- Keeping your inventory quick and nimble at Amazon.
- Multi-channel selling strategies and new-to-market brand items.
- Considering “musical warehouse” issues
- Sending to a distribution warehouse shortens your Q4 season.
- Box level content can buy you approximately 8 extra days of the Christmas season.
- Amazon shipping breaks and dimensional weight.
- Planning your sale items – what should you consider selling?
- Doing your homework – use a rolling 13-week cash flow and calculating your debt to income ratio.
- Amazon loans and how to use that money wisely.
- Selling velocity differences from December to January and how to plan your inventory to carry you into Q1.
- Finding people that can help hold you accountable and focused on your goals.
- Having a weekly strategic buying and shipping plan and what rules you will follow.
- Asking for help – people want to contribute to you!
Learn more about how to improve your Q4! Join our Q4 Boot Camp!
The Q4 season is an incredibly important and powerful part of an Amazon seller’s business. That is why we created the Q4 Boot Camp – to help you learn, grow, and improve your Amazon business throughout the Q4 selling season!
Included in the Q4 Boot Camp, you will receive:
- 14-weeks of training videos
- Access to our Facebook group
- Access to our Wholesale Course
- Access to our Hiring & Training Virtual Assistants Course
- Free, live Q&A calls
However, if you are:
- A police officer
- A firefighter
- An EMT personnel
- A nurse
- A teacher
- A member of the clergy
- An active, retired, or disabled military personnel or spouse
As our way of saying Thank You for all that you do to protect, serve, and keep our country and its citizens safe – our Q4 Boot Camp is completely free!
Leave a review to enter for a chance to WIN!
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Unstoppable Entrepreneur Show with Robyn Johnson – leave a review on iTunes and you could win a free one-hour consultation with Robyn!
Follow this link to enter for a chance to win!