There’s been many conversations within the Amazon groups and communities lately around Amazon’s Brand Registry 2.0. Many sellers are concerned about what the Brand Registry changes will be and how they will impact the way they conduct the day-to-day tasks of running an Amazon business. There’s been a lot of speculation about how the brand registry changes will look and how it will impact the thousands of sellers on the platform.
Today, I want to discuss some of the things we’ve been hearing throughout the community as well as the speculations circulating the marketplace. I also want to share with you what you should do to position your business in the best light possible, despite the registry changes, and how you can prepare your business for the pivotal changes before they take effect.
It’s important for us to hold our reservations and see how it rolls out.
Today on the Unstoppable Entrepreneur Show:
- Main features of the Brand Central and the advantages for brands and sellers.
- How the new Brand Registry can help brands protect their intellectual property.
- Types of intellectual property.
- Why your brand product names should not be functionally named.
- What you can trademark.
- The ins and outs of copyrights.
- Dealing with private label sellers and patents.
- Seller’s concerns about Brand Registry 2.0.
How to Protect Yourself from Intellectual Property Infringement:
- Become an authorized seller and have permission to use copyrighted photos and text.
- If you don’t have permission, take new pictures and have new descriptions wrote. Update your listings before Brand Registry 2.0 rolls out.
- Be sure you are not using anyone’s trademark inappropriately.
Leave a review to enter for a chance to WIN!!
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Unstoppable Entrepreneur Show with Robyn Johnson – leave a review on iTunes and you could win a free one-hour consultation with Robyn!
Follow this link to enter for a chance to win!