One of the things involved with owning your own business is hiring employees. I have the pleasure of speaking with Amy Schroeder, who is the founder of Employer Joy and is ambitious human resources professional with a passion for employer branding. She takes the fear and trepidation out of employing new staff, and I’m excited to have her on the show today so she can share her insight with you regarding your first employee hire.
“Set expectations with staff on day one, check in with them often, hold them accountable, and document, document, document!”
Today’s Topics Cover:
- Amy shares her background in corporate HR.
- She discusses what she sees employers go through when they implement HR practices.
- Amy shares invaluable advice about hiring seasonal employees.
- How do you know you’re ready to ‘let go’ and recruit staff to help grow your business?
- You can’t always get someone who works like you, so we discuss employer expectations.
- Amy gives us tips on developing your job description to attract the ideal employee and where to place the ad that won’t kill your wallet.
- We talk about the importance of referrals when considering new workers.
- Amy brings up employer branding and what you need to have in place for your candidates, so they feel invested in the position and your company.
- Entrepreneurs need to understand the difference between an independent contractor and an employee regarding liability with tax classification.
- She reveals how HR professionals help entrepreneurs with business issues like employee engagement and retention.
Connect with Amy Schroeder After December 1, 2016:
Learn more about how to improve your Q4! Join our Q4 Bootcamp!
The Q4 season is an incredibly important and powerful part of an Amazon seller’s business. This is why we created the Q4 Bootcamp – to help you learn, grow, and improve your Amazon business throughout the Q4 selling season!
Included in the Q4 Bootcamp, you will receive:
- 14-weeks of training videos
- Access to our Facebook group
- Access to our Wholesale Course
- Access to our Hiring & Training Virtual Assistants Course
- Free, live Q&A calls
The Q4 Bootcamp is only $197!
However, if you are one of the following:
- A policeman/woman
- A fireman/woman
- An EMT
- Active, retired, or disabled military
- A spouse of an active, retired, or disabled military member
- A member of the clergy
- A certified teacher
As a way of saying Thank You for all that you do to protect, serve, and keep our country and its citizens safe – our Q4 Bootcamp is completely free!
Leave a review to enter for a chance to WIN!
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Unstoppable Entrepreneur Show with Robyn Johnson – leave a review on iTunes and you could win a free one-hour consultation with Robyn!
Follow this link to enter for a chance to win!