A recent article authored by our friend, Cynthia Stine, has resulted in a lot of confusion for Amazon sellers in the Retail Arbitrage space. First, we’d like to say that we have a lot of respect for Cynthia – she has been a huge supporter and teacher to the Amazon seller community. Secondly, we’d like to address that much of the hysteria, concern, and confusion surrounding this article isn’t really necessary.
Today, on the Unstoppable Entrepreneur Show, we’d like to calm the waters a bit and explain exactly what we think Cynthia meant in her article, as well as re-state what was mentioned at the Women’s Entrepreneur Conference regarding Retail Arbitrage, Counterfeit items, and the policy changes may affect your business as well as our advice on how you should consider pivoting your business model to accommodate the changes in the marketplace.
Today’s Topics Cover:
- RA is not dead – it’s changing.
- The rumors, misunderstandings, and misconceptions about RA is not true
- No one really knows the truth about the future of Retail Arbitrage and Amazon
- I spoke with someone in the Counterfeit department at Amazon who said, without prompting, that they don’t care where sellers get their products and merchandise from, as long as it comes from a place that is verified to have authentic goods.
- 3 pillars hold up the Amazon marketplace – one of those pillars is the 3rd party Amazon marketplace (psst…. That includes us!)
- Amazon changes policies with the end user – the customer – in mind.
- Retail arbitrage is constantly changing; new tools have created more competition in the marketplace
- Big changes historically cause confusion and hysteria – get to the bottom of rumors before taking them as fact.
- Big brands are always a target for counterfeit. What can you do to pivot your business to prevent unexpected changes?
- There are dangers in every marketplace, including RA, Private label, and wholesale. We talk about those dangers.
Leave a review to enter for a chance to WIN!
If you enjoyed today’s episode of The Unstoppable Entrepreneur Show with Robyn Johnson – leave a review on iTunes and you could win a free one-hour consultation with Robyn!
Follow this link to enter for a chance to win!